A refund which meets the conditions listed below will be paid within 4 weeks of Inforum receiving written notification. The refund will be paid to the person who has signed the application(s) in Australian Dollars. If you enrolled through a representative and the fee was paid by the representative on your behalf, the refund will be made to the representative. To request a refund, apply in writing to the Managing Director, Inforum Education Australia, clearly stating your reasons for the refund. Your request can be sent directly to the school or via your agent.
- The application fee is not refundable. If the application fee was waived or discounted when the course was offered, a cancellation fee equivalent to the application fee will be charged.
- Childcare placement and local school placement fees are not refundable once the placement action has been taken.
- Written notification of cancellation from your program at least 4 weeks prior to your course start date shown in your offer letter will attract a full refund except the fees stated in 1 and 2.
- Less than 4 weeks’ written notice prior to the course start date will attract a refund except the fees stated in 1 and 2 as well as a cancellation charge equal to the first 4 weeks of tuition fees. If a promotion discount has been applied to the tuition fee, the fee will be adjusted to the pre-discounted fee, which is $395 per week.
- Cancellation after the student’s original start date will not attract a refund.
- If a student’s visa application has been denied, a full refund less fees stated in 1 and 2 is payable provided Inforum receives from the applicant written proof issued by the Australian Embassy or Immigration. Such proof must be sent to Inforum by the program start date.
- If a student’s entry to Australia is denied at an Australian airport despite them successfully receiving their visas, or his/ her visa was cancelled due to unlawful activity, no refund will be given.
- If students are expelled by Inforum for unacceptable behaviour, unlawful activity or non-compliance with visa conditions, no refund will be given.
- There are no refunds for public holidays or absences due to illness or personal business.
- Students who transfer to higher education, and who have met the English requirements, are eligible for a refund on the unused portion of English studies less a cancellation fee of 30% of those fees. The transferable amount will be adjusted to the weekly rate of weeks actually taken. The student will have to present the offer of enrolment from the institution and provide the proof of English proficiency test result. The program the student is transferring into must not have an ELICOS component.
- If Inforum is unable to deliver a course in full, the student will be offered a refund of all the course money they have paid to date. The refund will be paid to the student within 2 weeks of the day on which the course ceased being provided. Alternatively, a student may be offered enrolment in an alternative course at another institution at no extra cost to them. The student has the right to choose whether they would prefer a full refund of course fees, or to accept a place in another course. If they choose placement in another course, we will ask them to sign a document to indicate that they accept the placement.
- In the unlikely event of Inforum becoming insolvent, the Australian Government's tuition protection service (TPS) will assist students on a Student Visa to be placed in a suitable alternative course, or if this is not possible, the student may be eligible for a refund through TPS. Your Tuition fee is marked with “**” in your invoice. Please refer to https://tps.gov.au/ for more information.
- Any fees paid to Inforum are not transferable to another person or institution.
- In the case that a student needs to return home, the remainder of their program may be deferred and the fees will be held for up to two years.
- If Inforum is forced to temporarily close, including the need to clean the premises, and consequently must cease face-to-face teaching, the college will do all in its power to provide other means of instruction, such as online delivery. This will replace face-to-face classes until authorities allow the college to re-open for classes.
- The accommodation placement fee and Carer’s fee are not refundable.
- To cancel a booking, 4 weeks’ written notice for homestay bookings, and 8 weeks’ written notice for residence bookings prior to your arrival will attract a full refund less the placement fee.
- Notice received less than the duration mentioned above, prior to your check-in date, will attract a refund less the placement fee and 2 weeks’ penalty for bookings up to and including 4 weeks, and 3 weeks’ penalty for bookings over 4 weeks.
- After your school start date, no refund will be given for a booking up to and including 4 weeks, and a refund less the placement fee and 3 weeks’ penalty will be given for bookings over 4 weeks, provided 4 weeks’ written notice is received.
- A $99 re-placement fee applies when moving to other accommodation provided by Inforum. However, no re-placement fee will apply if Inforum agrees that your accommodation failed to provide a suitable environment.
- Minimum length of stay is one week. Students who wish to stay for a shorter period will have to pay one week’s accommodation fee.
- Student residence preferred check-in time is between 10am and 7pm. Your actual check-in time at the residence will be decided when you notify us of your flight details or arrival time if you are making your own way.
- If you cannot check-in during the preferred check-in time at the residence, please contact us to arrange an after hours check-in at extra cost.
- While living at the residence, you will have to follow the residence rules. Penalties apply when rules are not obeyed.
- Shared areas such as the kitchen, lounge, pool, gym, lifts, etc are monitored by camera for your security and enforcing the rules. Your private areas such as the bedrooms and bathrooms are not monitored.
- No refund will be made if the student fails to notify Inforum of their flight details or any changes in details at least 48 hours before their scheduled arrival.
- 1 hand luggage and 1 suitcase under 25kgs are included in the fare. If you have oversized or extra luggage, please contact Inforum for a quote. If Inforum is not notified of oversized luggage, a penalty will apply.
- While on a student visa, you have to attend your class according to your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). When your course details such as start date, length, or course itself change, we will modify the CoE. The first alteration will be done free of charge.
- You can transfer your course to another course offered at Inforum according to your English level and visa conditions.
To another school
- Under the National Code Standard 7, once your student visa is granted, you cannot transfer to courses offered at another school prior to completing six calendar months of your principal course. The principal course is the main course of study to be undertaken by an overseas student where the student visa has been issued for multiple courses, and is usually the final course of study. (For example, if a student enrols for General English and IELTS Exam Preparation course, the IELTS Exam Preparation is the principal course.) This means the transfer restriction applies to a student while undertaking all courses prior to the principal course.
- After completing six calendar months of the principal course, a student can request to transfer to another school by lodging a written request and having an offer letter from another school. If the student is under the age of 18, the written request must be signed by the student’s parent or legal guardian.
- On receiving the request, Inforum will grant the transfer only if it is in the student’s best interests. For example, Inforum may not grant the request if the student is ceasing their English course and transferring to a VET or Higher Education program without sufficient English proficiency.
- Inforum may make an exception to this transfer policy, if: 1. We are unable to deliver the course offered in the acceptance letter; 2. Where there is evidence of compassionate or compelling circumstances; 3. The student is unable to achieve satisfactory course progress at the level they are studying provided that the student is engaging with the intervention strategy to assist their progress, and/or not intentionally failing; or, 4. There is evidence that the student was misled by Inforum.
- Once the transfer request is granted, Inforum will notify the student (by email) and the Provider Registration International Students Management System (PRISMS); the student will have to contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to seek advice on whether a new student visa is required. Please refer to: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud/More/Changing-courses .
- If the student’s request for a transfer is denied, the student can appeal Inforum’s decision in writing within 20 working days of Inforum’s decision being made.
The information you provided in the application form will be used to process your enrolment at Inforum. Inforum is not permitted or authorized to give this information to anyone unless requested by law. It may be made available to Australian Immigration and education authorities in connection with your visa, as required by the National Code and the ESOS Act, and may also include representatives of the Tuition Protection Service and the ESOS Fund Manager. Inforum is not permitted to give out staff information or contact details.
Any photos or movie footage taken at Inforum or by Inforum staff will remain the property of Inforum and may be used in the production of materials for promotional use.
Welfare and Safety
The applicant, by signing the application, agrees that Inforum is committed to providing a safe environment for its clients; however, Inforum is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, death or injury which students may suffer or cause as a result of / in connection with or during the period of:
- attendance at any premises operated by Inforum
- attendance at any activities organised or acknowledged by Inforum
All students are responsible for their own belongings and wellbeing.
This agreement, and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the right of the student to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws. The registered provider’s dispute resolution processes do not circumscribe the student’s right to pursue other legal remedies. In the case of provider default, students are protected by the provisions of the ESOS Act and Regulations.
- Inforum reserves the right to change start dates, courses, curricula and timetables of any programs at any time.
- In the event of a natural disaster, terror attack, epidemic or pandemic, government order, or Act of God, Inforum may change the terms and conditions without notice in the interests of student and staff well-being.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Inforum is closed on Public Holidays and Inforum holidays as shown in the school calendar. No lessons or refund for the lessons are offered for those days.
- Students have to read and understand the Student Handbook, the Inforum brochure and the accompanying terms and conditions. The Student Handbook can be downloaded at www.inforum.com.au .
- The student agrees to inform Inforum of their new address and contact details if these details change during your study at Inforum.