“How can I improve my English?”
This is a question teachers are often asked. One of the best ways to improve your English is quite simple …. READ MORE and READ REGULARLY!
Reading will help you:
• improve your reading speed
• review all of that grammar you have been studying
• review vocabulary you have learnt
• learn new vocabulary
• maintain your English skills (even if you are not studying)
• … and learn more about the world around you
“What should I read?”
You should read anything you want! It’s a good idea to read something that is interesting for you. Reading for pleasure is the goal.
Things to remember:
• read for pleasure (if what you are reading is boring, read something else)
• read about topics you are interested in
• variety, variety, variety – read lots of different genres (articles, stories, blogs…)
• read regularly (even 10-15 minutes a day is good)
“Where can I find something interesting to read?”
Here are some ideas to get you started:
• Graded readers are excellent for improving your English. There are different levels of difficulty (Elementary – Advanced) and many different titles. You can see which titles are available at Inforum reception.
• Travelgrove is an online travel company. They have a very interesting blog which is updated regularly. If you are interested in travel, this is a good place to start.
• My English Pages is a website with lots of English activities. If you want a challenge, there are many reading activities on many different topics.
• Breaking News English is fantastic for keeping up with the latest news around the world. There are different levels of difficulty and even recordings of the articles to listen to.
Sharing is caring!
Please feel free to share this post with your friends.