TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A refund which meets the conditions listed below will be paid within 4 weeks of Inforum receiving written notification. The refund will be paid to the person who has signed the application(s) in the currency the payment is made. If you enrolled through a representative, with your written permission, the refund can be made to the representative. To request a refund, apply in writing to the Managing Director, Inforum Education Australia, clearly stating your reasons for the refund. Your request can be sent directly to the school or via your agent.
1. The application fee (or equivalent amount) is not refundable.
2. Childcare placement and local school placement fees are not refundable once the placement action has been taken.
3. Written notification of cancellation from your program at least 4 weeks prior to your course start date shown in your offer letter will attract a full refund except the fees stated in 1 and 2.
4. Less than 4 weeks’ written notice prior to the course start date will attract a refund except the fees stated in 1 and 2 as well as a cancellation charge equal to the first 4 weeks of tuition fees. (Here, “tuition fees” refer to the full fees appearing in Inforum’s “Fees and Other Services 2016” flyer.)
5. Cancellation after the student’s original start date will not attract a refund.
6. If a student’s visa application has been denied, a full refund less fees stated in 1 and 2 is payable provided Inforum receives from the applicant written proof issued by the Australian Embassy or Immigration. Such proof must be sent to Inforum by the program start date.
7. If students are expelled by Inforum for unacceptable behaviour or non-compliance with visa conditions, no refund will be given.
8. There are no refunds for public holidays or absences due to illness or personal business.
9. Students who transfer to higher education, and who have met the English requirements, are eligible for a refund on the unused portion of English studies less a cancellation fee of 30% of those fees. The transferable amount will be adjusted to the weekly rate of weeks actually taken. The student will have to present the offer of enrolment from the institution and provide the proof of English proficiency test result. The program the student is transferring into must not have an ELICOS component.
10. In the unlikely event that Inforum is unable to deliver a course in full, the student will be offered a refund of all the course money they have paid to date. The refund will be paid to the student within 2 weeks of the day on which the course ceased being provided. Alternatively, a student may be offered enrolment in an alternative course at another institution at no extra cost to them. The student has the right to choose whether they would prefer a full refund of course fees, or to accept a place in another course. If they choose placement in another course, we will ask them to sign a document to indicate that they accept the placement. If Inforum is unable to provide a refund or place the student in an alternative course, and that student is on a Student Visa, the Australian Government’s tuition protection service will assist in the placement of the student in a suitable alternative course, or if this is not possible, the student may be eligible for a refund.
11. All tuition fees at Inforum are transferable to other programs offered within Inforum within visa regulations. No transfer fee will be charged for the first transfer.
12. Program fees are not transferable to another person or institution.
13. In the case that a student needs to return home, the remainder of their program may be deferred and the fees will be held for up to two years.
1. The accommodation placement fee and Carer’s fee are not refundable.
2. To cancel a booking, 4 weeks’ written notice for homestay bookings, and 8 weeks’ written notice for residence bookings prior to your arrival will attract a full refund less the placement fee.
3. Notice received less than the duration mentioned above, prior to your check-in date, will attract a refund less the placement fee and 2 weeks’ penalty for bookings up to and including 4 weeks, and 3 weeks’ penalty for bookings over 4 weeks.
4. After your school start date, no refund will be given for a booking up to and including 4 weeks, and a refund less the placement fee and 3 weeks’ penalty will be given for bookings over 4 weeks, provided 4 weeks’ written notice is received.
5. A $99 re-placement fee applies when moving to other accommodation provided by Inforum. However, no re-placement fee will apply if Inforum agrees that your accommodation failed to provide a suitable environment.
6. Minimum length of stay is one week. Students who wish to stay for a shorter period will have to pay one week’s accommodation fee.
No refund will be made if the student fails to notify Inforum of the flight details or any changes in details at least 48 hours before their scheduled arrival.
The information you provided in the application form will be used to process your enrolment at Inforum. Inforum is not permitted or authorized to give this information to anyone unless requested by law. It may be made available to Australian Immigration and education authorities in connection with your visa, as required by the National Code 2007 and the ESOS Act 2000, and may also include representatives of the Tuition Protection Service and the ESOS Fund Manager. Inforum is not permitted to give out staff information or contact details.
Any photos or video footage taken at Inforum or by Inforum staff will remain the property of Inforum and may be used in the production of materials for promotional use.
The applicant, by signing the application, agrees that Inforum is committed to provide a safe environment for its clients; however, Inforum is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, death or injury which students may suffer or cause as a result of / in connection with or during the period of:
• attendance at any premises operated by Inforum
• attendance at any activities organised or acknowledged by Inforum
All students are responsible for their own belongings and wellbeing.
The student agrees to inform Inforum of their new address if they change accommodation.
This agreement, and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the right of the student to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws. The registered provider’s dispute resolution processes do not circumscribe the student’s right to pursue other legal remedies. In the case of provider default, students are protected by the provisions of the ESOS Act 2000 and the ESOS Regulations 2001.
• Inforum reserves the right to change start dates, courses, curricula and timetables of any programs at any time.
• All prices are in Australian Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
• Inforum is closed on the 2016 Public Holidays and Inforum holidays as shown in the school calendar.
• Students have to read and understand the Student Handbook, the Inforum brochure and the accompanying terms and conditions.