Hand-picked by Inforum’s Accommodation Manager
OPTION 1 – HOMESTAY: YOUR AUSTRALIAN FAMILY
Our homestay families are very carefully chosen by Diana, Inforum’s Accommodation Manager. They’re so good that students who leave our homestay families keep coming back!
Reasons to choose an Inforum Homestay family:
- All homestay families are interviewed in person by Diana and accommodation inspected to be suitable to host students.
- Standard, No-meals, Quality or Superior Homestay available.
- Before your arrival, you will receive all the information you need about your family, together with photos of your room and inside the house, along with email and phone contacts.
- Inforum’s families are chosen for their kindness, patience and their wish to share their home with our students.
- Remember! this is your Australian family so they will be your support long after you say goodbye.
|Did you know?|
|TYPE OF HOMESTAY||WEEKDAY MEAL INCLUSIONS||WEEKEND MEAL INCLUSIONS||EXTRA FACILITIES OFFERED|
|NO MEAL||No meals are provided||No meals are provided||–|
|STANDARD||Breakfast and dinner||Breakfast, lunch and dinner||–|
|QUALITY||Breakfast and dinner||Breakfast, lunch and dinner||At least 3 of the following: air-conditioning, your own bathroom, internet, a swimming pool, 20 minutes travelling time.|
|SUPERIOR||Breakfast, lunch and dinner||Breakfast, lunch and dinner||As above, plus transportation by host between Inforum and your homestay|
Minimum length of stay: 1 week (7 nights)
OPTION 2 – STUDENT RESIDENCE
Inforum has 4 student residences to choose from, all within easy walking distance of the college, shops, buses and library.
Why stay at Inforum’s Student Residence?
- 2-12 minutes walk from Inforum;
- 2 minutes walk to shops;
- Exclusive to Inforum students;
- FREE wireless internet;
- All facilities are free including the use of the washing machine;
- Great way to make friends;
- Quality room has air-conditioning, own bathroom and toilet;
- Common areas cleaned once a week;
- Rental bedding (sheets) available;
Refundable key deposit of $150 applies.
Linen rental: $150 (one set each), second set if required. $50 is refundable on check out when the linen is returned clean and in good condition.
|Bed, wardrobe, lamp, bedside table||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Shared kitchen and laundry||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Air Conditioning in room||No||Yes||Yes|
|Shower and toilet for the room||No||Yes||Yes|
|Gym, sauna, swimming pool||No||No||Yes|
|Distance to Inforum||12 mins walk||12 mins walk||2-5 mins walk|
OPTION 3 – Backpackers, Motels and Holiday Resorts
There are many motels and backpackers on the Gold Coast. You can arrange it yourself or we are happy to arrange a room for you.*
(*Not available for students under 18 unless staying with relatives over 21 years of age.)